DID YOU KNOW THAT PARTNERS IN EDUCATION PROVIDES VOLUNTEER TRAINING?
YES! We do.
We offer several types of training.
1. Free training for anyone who volunteers in Toledo Public Schools in partnership with the district – parents, nonprofits, religious groups, etc.
2. Customized volunteer training for businesses and faith-based organizations partnering with any area schools.
3. Customized training for nonprofit partners who run their background checks through Partners in Education.
More info below:
Toledo Public schools is partnering with Partners in Education to provide FREE and MANDATORY training to parent, caregiver and community partner volunteers. This training will offer the basics on best practices in volunteering with K-12 students, Toledo Public Schools policies and procedures and the process of completing background checks.
Visit partnerstoledo.org parent calendar and our volunteer training opportunities page for additional free training dates or register on the right side of this page.
Customized volunteer training for businesses and faith-based organizations partnering with area schools.
Customized training for nonprofit partners who run their background checks through Partners in Education.
If you are interested in a customized training, please call Dionisia Vasquez at 419-242-2122.
Some potential training topics include:
1. Volunteering with school children
2. Working with children experiencing trauma
3. School safety training
4. Working with students learning English as a second language
5. Cultural Competency