DID YOU KNOW THAT PARTNERS IN EDUCATION PROVIDES VOLUNTEER TRAINING?
YES! We do.
We offer several types of training.
1. Free training for anyone who volunteers in Toledo Public Schools in partnership with the district.
2. Customized volunteer training for businesses and faith-based organizations partnering with area schools.
3. Customized training for nonprofit partners who run their background checks through Partners in Education.
More info below:
Toledo Public schools is partnering with Partners in Education to provide FREE and MANDATORY training to parent, caregiver and community partner volunteers. This training will offer the basics on best practices in volunteering with K-12 students, Toledo Public Schools policies and procedures and the process of completing background checks.
Special Volunteer Training on March 14 from noon- one pm at The Andersons
FREE VOLUNTEER TRAINING: LITERACY MENTORING AND TUTORING HISPANIC YOUTH
Thursday, March 14, 2019
1947 Briarfield Blvd, Maumee, OH
The training is full. We will have more information about future trainings on this site, so please check back.
Guest presenter: James A. Leow, The Ohio State University, Dept. of Hispanic Linguistics (specialist is Second Language Acquisition)
Lunch and beverages will be provided.
Visit www.partnerstoledo.org parent calendar on the homepage for additional free training dates.
Customized volunteer training for businesses and faith-based organizations partnering with area schools.
Customized training for nonprofit partners who run their background checks through Partners in Education.
If you are interested in a customized training, please call Dionisia Vasquez at 419-242-2122.
Some potential training topics include:
1. Volunteering with school children
2. Working with children experiencing trauma
3. School safety training