Employment at Partners in Education
Interested in working for Partners in Education? Our team members have the opportunity to work with nonprofit organizations, families and children facilitating and managing fun activities to support Partners in Education’s mission of Student Success through Community Involvement. Join us in our efforts to support success for all students in Northwest Ohio.
Resumes and cover letters are required for all positions. They may be emailed directly to the Program Manager or to the Executive Director at [email protected]
Partners in Education is the employer for this position. Partners in Education (PIE) enhances student success by engaging the community in increasing the supports available to students in school and out-of-school through the Northwest Ohio Afterschool Alliance, Parent and Volunteer Engagement programming and a variety of high quality K-12 mentoring and tutoring programs.
Partners in Education requires that a criminal history background check be conducted on prospective employees as a condition of employment.
General questions? Please contact our Office Manager at 419-242-2122
Our offices are located at 1500 N. Superior, Suite 306 in the Early Childhood Education Center in the Toledo Public Schools Administration Complex, Toledo, OH 43604.
We make every effort to keep the information on this site current. Due to unanticipated circumstances, however, there may occasionally be a delay in revising information. Therefore some positions posted here may no longer be open, and others may be available that are not yet posted. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. Partners in Education is an equal opportunity employer.
Current Employment Opportunities
- Education Specialist with College & Career, Ready, Set, Go
- Site Coordinators and Substitute Site Coordinators – Mentors in Toledo Schools
Site Coordinators and Substitute Site Coordinators – Mentors in Toledo Schools
Program Description: Mentors in Toledo Schools (MiTS) is a literacy-based tutoring program targeting students in grades K through 3 in several Toledo Public Schools. Students receive half-hour one-to-one tutoring sessions Monday through Thursday during the regular school day (days may vary based on school needs). The primary focus is on reading intervention and assistance. All adult participants must meet TPS’s background check requirements for working with students.
Job Description: The Site Coordinator is the MiTS on-site person that makes the mentoring process work at each school. Coordinators have the overall responsibility to assure that the mentors and students have an excellent experience each day at the school. They support teachers’ and administrators’ direction to provide the students extra attention to enhance their classroom performance by organizing tutoring activities from teachers and helping mentors utilize them with individual students. The Site Coordinator also assists with daily data collection to help the program measure performance outcomes and ensure program fidelity. The MiTS Site Coordinator reports to the MITS Program Manager.
Job Type: Part-time 12-15 hours per week; 30 weeks during the normal school year, $12.00-12.30 per hour.
- Desire to work with adult mentors performing a community service
- Desire to help children succeed in the school environment.
- Computer literate in email, Google products such as Google Sheets and Google Docs, Microsoft Office and general familiarity with spreadsheets and online applications.
- Available to prepare for and run programs Monday – Thursday, 8:30am – 12:00 noon October through May.
- A desire to mentor and tutor students, coordinate with teachers, principals, staff and mentors.
- Strong communication skills.
- Capability to maintain the organization of mentoring supplies and data.
- Ability to recruit, retain and support mentors.
- Reliable, versatile and a self-directed multi-tasker. Able to manage multiple systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience teaching or working in an educational setting preferred.
- Must meet background check eligibility requirements.
- Spanish or Arabic speakers a plus.
Rate of pay & available hours:
Compensation for Site Coordinators is based on completing all actions necessary to maintain the program outcomes as described above. The hourly rate is $12.18 per hour. The program runs October- May of each school year.
Estimated Program Start Date – 10/1/19
Please email resume and cover letter to Heather Henson, Program Manager, at [email protected].
Questions? Call Heather at 419-242-2122
EDUCATION SPECIALIST – COLLEGE & CAREER READY, SET, GO!
The mission of College & Career Ready, Set, Go! is to equip and empower middle school youth to graduate from high school and achieve success in education and employment after high school through hands-on activities, career-focused opportunities and family & community engagement.
The Education Specialist will build the quality and impact of this program by:
- Creating a post-secondary education and career readiness culture among middle school students and their families;
- Leveraging relationships with education, business, and community partners;
- Ensuring all students, mentors and parent coaches are provided with high quality opportunities, experiences and activities focused on helping students succeed in post-secondary education, ranging from two- or four-year colleges, apprenticeships, or certification programs, and to be successful in the workplace.
- Ensuring we meet outcomes required of us by our funders including Ohio Job and Family Services, Toledo Community Foundation and others.
Primary responsibilities include working as a team with the Program Manager to prepare materials for and facilitate hands-on, inquiry-based lesson plans in a school setting with middle school students. Activities also include incorporating teachers, parents and mentors to create a fun, positive learning environment. Daily attendance is critical every day the program is in session at school (Mid-September-Late May) and during agreed upon office hours when the program is not in session. This program takes place during the school day from 9am-3pm and is scheduled when class time is available at each school.
Key Qualities of the Education Specialist for College & Career Ready, Set, Go!
- Demonstrate energetic outlook to create a positive learning experience
- Utilize with fidelity the inquiry-based lesson plans for College & Career Ready, Set, Go! program for Partners in Education.
- Work well with middle school student populations in a classroom environment.
- Work well with youth and families experiencing poverty.
- Demonstrate cultural competency.
- Communicate well with community partners to assist Program Manager in scheduling guest speaker opportunities, field trips, funding opportunities and other events for the program.
- Record and manage student level data. Microsoft Excel skills are a must.
- Communicate well to a variety of stakeholders in both written and oral communication.
- Collaborate with local school teachers, principals and staff to ensure high-quality program facilitation.
- Organize materials for effective instruction.
- Able to work during the day time between 9:00am-3pm Monday-Friday.
- Possess reliable transportation.
- Clear a criminal background check
- Spanish or Arabic speakers a plus.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Education, Teaching certificate preferred, and at least one year of classroom teaching experience
Starting pay is $15.45 per hour. This is a part time position of 20-30 hours per week with potential for full time that offers vacation, sick and holiday pay if desired.
Estimated Start Date – 9/10/19 for training – in school programming begins October 1.
Please send resume and cover letter to Mr. Reed Steele, Program Manager at [email protected].
Questions? Call Reed at 419-242-2122.