Partners in Education Provides Background Checks for Area Volunteers Who Work with School Children Ages Preschool through Grade 12.
Partners in Education Provides Background Checks for Nonprofits &
Background Checks for TPS Volunteers
Partners in Education provides background checks for parent volunteers with the Toledo Public School System. If you wish to volunteer in the school system, you must complete a Volunteer Form (available at each school or through Partners in Education).
TPS covers the cost for TPS parents, caregivers and communities of faith/houses of worship who have adopted specific TPS schools. If you would like to volunteer in a TPS school.
Click the link below to access the Volunteer Form Online.
FREE Training for TPS Volunteers
Background Checks for Nonprofits
You may contract with Partners in Education to process background checks for your nonprofit’s volunteers. Some of the services we offer:
- Level 2 or Level 3 criminal background checks using Verified Volunteer Screening Service. A background check ensures that your volunteers are cleared to work in an environment with children. Once the check is processed, each check updates on a monthly basis for one calendar year (meaning if something pops up on someone’s record mid-year, you will know about it.)
- Level 2: Advanced Criminal History Record Locator Search – includes a Nationwide Search, Social Security Trace, Government Watch List Search (OFAC), 50 State DOJ Registered Sex Offender Search, and County Criminal Search(es).
- Level 3: Complete Criminal History Locator Search – includes all of the same things as a Level 2 search as well as alias name, seven years of address history, and Locator Select (a software that works with 2,000 jurisdictions to identify arrest record information and validates conviction and the source).
- Collection and processing of background checks. We can contract with your organization to collect and process all background check forms then bill your organization according to the number of processed background checks. We can also have your volunteers pay us directly. The L2 background check and processing fee is $30 per person and the L3 background check and processing fee is $48. (We can provide a volume discount if you have over 25 volunteers).
- Information on cleared staff and volunteers. Partners in Education will provide information on cleared staff and volunteers as soon as it is available. We will also provide the names of those who are not cleared for volunteer work to ensure your clients are protected. Processing time generally varies between 48 hours and five days.
Why Run Employment Background Checks on Volunteers?
- To protect our children. All children deserve to be safe at school and within our community centers. Background checking your volunteers ensures that they do not have a criminal record and are eligible to work with school-aged children in an education-based environment. Don’t put them at risk by allowing volunteers with records of abuse to serve in your organization.
- To protect your organization. If you are going to allow volunteers access to anything valuable or proprietary about your business — sensitive data, cash, or customer information, you’ll want to avoid any potential problems that could arise if the volunteers you accept have criminal records.
- To protect your clients. Your clients have a right to be served both effectively and safely. This is especially true that if you serve particularly vulnerable populations, such as the elderly.
- To protect yourself. Ohio law does not require background checks for volunteers. However, if volunteers will have unsupervised access to a child on a regular basis, school districts require background checks for service in their schools. Because your volunteer is representing your organization, it is wise to protect yourself from potential litigation should your volunteer commit a crime while volunteering for you.