Employment at Partners in Education
Interested in working for Partners in Education? Our team members have the opportunity to work with nonprofit organizations, families and children facilitating and managing fun activities to support Partners in Education’s mission of Student Success through Community Involvement. Join us in our efforts to support success for all students in Northwest Ohio.
Resumes and cover letters are required for all positions. They may be emailed to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
General questions? Please contact our Office Manager at 419-242-2122
Our offices are located at 1500 N. Superior, Suite 306 in the Summit Annex of Toledo Public Schools Administration Complex, Toledo, OH 43604.
We make every effort to keep the information on this site current. Due to unanticipated circumstances, however, there may occasionally be a delay in revising information. Therefore some positions posted here may no longer be open, and others may be available that are not yet posted. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. Partners in Education is an equal opportunity employer.
Current Employment Opportunities
Education Specialist – Career-readiness programming
Location: 1500 N Superior St, Suite 306, Toledo 43604
- Start Date: Immediately
- Hours Per Week: 12-15
- Salary: 12.00 per hour
Questions? Contact: Faith McGlown – email@example.com
Scope of Work:
The ideal candidate will work in our Success Mentors program. Success Mentors seeks to: 1.) Assure students are academically, financially, and emotionally prepared for success in a global society; 2.) Increase student and community understanding of the importance of post-secondary education and career readiness; 3.) Provide specific college-preparation and career contact points for students at crucial milestones in their academic career; 4.) Develop a collaborative community structure to support the students in their post-secondary aspirations; and 5.) Empower students to envision a positive future.
Education Specialists will:
- Teach college awareness and planning classes utilizing the approved curriculum.
- Facilitate and assist the Program Director and Program Manager with college planning workshops, field trips & activities.
- Facilitate regular afterschool workshops that assist parents/coaches in achieving students’ academic success.
- Generate written reports as required. Maintain accurate/required paperwork (i.e., reflections, attendance records, etc.) for purposes of evaluation/reports, etc.
- Support outreach efforts to support individual student needs.
- Communicate successes and challenges to Program Director as they arise.
- Gather information on recommendations, student progress, concerns from parents and teachers, as appropriate.
- Undertake and perform additional duties as directed by Program Director
- Model of culture of collaboration and excellence
Education Specialist – Parent University Child Care
Location: Our office is at 1500 N Superior St, Suite 306, Toledo 43604. Work locations will vary depending on workshop locations.
- Start Date: Immediately
- Hours Per Week: Varies (3-8)
- Salary: 10.00 per hour
Questions? Contact: Parent Engagement Manager, Wendy Easler – firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent University Education Specialists will:
- Facilitate hands-on activities with a variety of children ages 1-10 during parent engagement and family workshops.
- Ensure the health and safety of all children under your care and the safe return of each child to their parent or caregiver.
- Assist with formative assessment and evaluation of programmatic activities.
- Report data. Maintain accurate/required paperwork (i.e., reflections, attendance records, etc.) for purposes of evaluation/reports, etc.
- Communicate successes and challenges to Parent Engagement Manager as they arise.
- Undertake and perform additional duties as directed by Program Manager.
- Model a culture of collaboration and excellence.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be adept at working with diverse populations in a variety of settings from classrooms to libraries to parks to coffee shops.
- The ideal candidate will have had some teaching or student teaching experience in an early education or elementary school setting. An understanding of inquiry-based instruction is helpful. Some college coursework preferred.
Parent University is an initiative sponsored by Toledo Public Schools to educate, engage and inspire parents and families in the Toledo-area. Parent and family workshops are offered throughout the school year on a variety of topics from student success to parent leadership to family health and safety. Classes are free and open to the public.
Partners In Education is the employer for this position. Partners In Education (PIE) enhances student success by engaging the community in increasing the supports available to students in school and out-of-school through the Afterschool Alliance, Parent Engagement programming and a variety of high quality K-12 mentoring and tutoring programs.
Partners In Education requires that a criminal history background check be conducted on prospective employees as a condition of employment.